Check Out the Hottest Summer Nail Trends for 2018
One of the best things about getting a manicure or pedicure is that you don’t have to make a long-term commitment to a certain style. Whether you love the appearance of your nails or you’d prefer a different look, you can always change it in a week or two. In fact, if you’re unhappy with the look of your nails, you can head to the nearest salon to change the appearance of your nails immediately.
The Latest Seasonal Trends
Whether you want something muted that will be appropriate for the office or you want your nails to do the talking for you with a bold design, you should familiarize yourself with some summer nail trends to ensure your style is in keeping with the times. With so many eye-catching designs trending so far this season, you’ll have plenty of great-looking styles to choose from all summer long.
Here are some of the leading nail trends for summer this year:
- Black and Glitter: What’s better than the contrast of black and glitter? Showing off this combination on your fingertips or toe nails, of course! Consider having the glitter on the bottom of your nails and the black at the tip for a dramatic look.
- Black Line: If you want your nails to turn heads, consider using a light shade on your nails and adding a thin black line of polish to just one of your nails.
- Glossy Gray: Glossy gray is a great choice if you need a style that’s appropriate in a wide variety of settings. Whether you’re heading into the office or you’re going to hit the dance floor at a club, you can’t go wrong with these hue on your nails.
- Logo Nails: While logo nails aren’t anything new, they’re still trendy this summer. To make sure the logo is unmistakable, be sure you use a light or dark polish as the base and the opposite shade for the logo.
- Icy Metallic Polish and Crystals: If you want your nails to catch everyone’s attention, consider using icy metallic silver polish. To draw even more attention to your nails, pair that polish with some crystals that will noticeably reflect light.
- Checkered French Manicure: If you like French manicures but are tired of the standard classic look, why don’t you shake things up with a checkered pattern at the tips of your nails?
Nail Tech Courses at State College of Beauty Culture
If you love doing your friends’ nails, why don’t you consider making a career of it? State College of Beauty Culture’s nail tech school in Wisconsin can provide the training you need to take the state board exam on our campus.
When you enroll in our nail tech course, you’ll receive comprehensive training over 20 weeks. Our 300-hour, part-time course will prepare you to pursue a rewarding career as a professional nail technician. To learn more about our program, request your free career starter kit from State College of Beauty Culture today.