What to Expect on the Road to Your Cosmetology License
What’s your dream job? Is it to flex your creative muscles and interact with new people every day while working the hours you want to? If that type of work arrangement sounds appealing, you may want to consider becoming a cosmetologist.
The Road Begins with Training
While you may be eager to start working as a cosmetologist, you’ll want the right training, with hands on experience, before you get started. Once you’ve learned the correct skills and receive the training to be successful, you will be set up to pass a two-part state exam to work as a cosmetologist in Wisconsin.
In general, there are two ways you can get the training necessary to seek employment as a cosmetologist in the Badger State.
● Classroom training: You can train to be a cosmetologist in Wisconsin by taking cosmetology classes at an approved school. You’ll need to take at least 1,550 hours of instruction before you can take the state exam.
What You’ll Learn at a Wisconsin Cosmetology School
If you choose to pursue your training at an approved school, your education will introduce you to a wide array of interesting subjects and give you the skills you need to pass the state exam and thrive in your chosen career. Here are some of the things you’ll study and learn in your cosmetology classes:
● Industry laws, rules and ethics
● Best practices for cosmetologists
● Anatomy and physiology of hair, nails and skin
● Sterilization and sanitation
● Hair straightening and relaxing
● Personal and professional development
● Hair removal techniques
● Business management and communication
● Customer service and retail sales
● Hair, nail and skin care
When choosing a cosmetology school, be sure to find one where you won’t sit behind a desk all day, every day. Your comprehensive education should include hands-on training with real clients which will give you the chance to practice and perfect the skills you pick up.
Enroll at State College of Beauty Culture
If you want to embark on a rewarding career path as a cosmetologist, you should enroll to take the classes you need at our Wisconsin cosmetology school. We offer a full menu of cosmetology classes that will prepare you to take the state exam and launch a successful career in the beauty industry.
To see if you’re eligible for financial aid, contact State College of Beauty Culture today.